No eggs needed in that recipe: crazy right?
And not exactly an omelette strictly speaking but:
- it's delicious
- it's an easy and quick recipe
It's one of my favorite recipe, I cook it at least once a week!
For 2 omelettes, you need:
- 125g of chickpea flour
- 20g of starch (I use tapioca but arrow-root and maize starch are also fine)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 230ml of water
- spices (cumin, chili, peppercorn... use your favorite! Cinnamon is also great)
- 1 pinch of turmeric (for the yellow color)
- 2 spoonful of oil + 2 for the pan
As I'm a bit lazy, I use my food processor to mix all the ingredients, but feel free to mix everything with a fork!
Warm a pan and spread a spoonful of oil in it.. When it's warm, reduce the heat to minimum and pour half of your preparation in the pan, as if you were making a crepe.
Cover with a lid and let cook for around 4 minutes. Remove the lid, the surface of the omelette should be dry. If not, let it cook for 1 or 2 minutes more (just take care it's not sticking to the pan).
Fold in the middle and put in a plate.
Spread some oil in the pan before cooking the second omelette.
I generally serve it with 250g of sautéed mushrooms with 1 onion and some chili flakes.
We also tried a mix of cooked red kidney beans with onion and spices, and it was also great!